To become an Athlete Leader, Special Olympics Nevada athletes MUST attend the Introductory Athlete Leadership Program Courses: Understanding Leadership and Introduction to Leadership.
These courses are to be taken together in the same season and will be held via Zoom.
Here are the qualifications needed to attend an Athlete Leadership Program Training:
- Must be an athlete in good standing with SONV and have a current athlete application on file; OR be a student-athlete through the Unified Champion Schools Program
- Must have basic reading skills or someone to assist in understanding the materials and potential speeches
- When necessary, must be able to provide transportation to and from speaking engagements
- Must be outgoing, friendly and enjoy interacting and meeting new people
- Must commit to being an active part of the Athlete Leadership Program and supporting fellow Special Olympics athletes
- Must always represent Special Olympics Nevada in a professional manner and set a good example for other athletes
Athlete Leaders who complete the Introduction to Leadership and Understanding Leadership courses will qualify to attend future trainings and courses. These include, but are not limited to:
- Health Messenger Training
- Global Messenger Training (speech writing and public speaking)
- Advanced Training Modules
- Unified Leadership
- Understanding Emotions
- Engaging with Others
- Managing Time
- Leading Discussions
Apply to be a part of the Athlete Leadership Program below. Please contact Harry at email@example.com with any questions.
Athlete Leadership Program Application